August 28, 2013

Getting MysQL utilities to work in MySQL Workbench 6.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS


I installed MySQl Workbench 6.0 (downloaded from thier website) on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
Installation ran smoothly.

However when I tried to start the shell for MySQL Utilities, I had an error saying that MySQL utilities weren't installed, and that I had to download and install them.

So I did. But when trying to install the .deb package for my arch, boom :

The MySQL Connector/Python module was not found

I found this module that looked like the right one (disclaimer : I'm a total noob regarding linux)

sudo apt-get install python-mysql.connector

Installation OK, but still MySQL can't find the connector.

What worked in the end : download and compile sources :

cd /usr/share

sudo wget http://cdn.mysql.com/Downloads/Connector-Python/mysql-connector-python-1.0.12.zip

sudo unzip mysql-connector-python-1.0.12.zip

cd mysql-connector-python-1.0.12/

sudo python setup.py install


Then I was able to launch the shell utilities.

Hope this help.

No comments:

Post a Comment